Company Description: The Pittsfield Cooperative Bank, established in February 1889, is a community oriented bank serving Berkshire County and dedicated to providing a variety of products and services, designed to meet the needs of individual consumers and small to mid-size businesses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
High School or Equivalent
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for receiving and paying out money, as well as accurately keep records of money and negotiable instruments involved in various bank transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by being available to provide quality service and cross-selling products and services to customers.
A. Conduct customer transactions.
• Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
• Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete holds as necessary.
• Process savings withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
• Identify counterfeit currency.
• Process Consumer and Mortgage loan transactions.
• Sell money orders, bank checks, and certified checks.
• Cross-sell bank products and services to maintain and build customer relations.
B. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries regarding deposit accounts to maintain a high level of customer service.
• Answer inquiries and/or directs questions to the appropriate department.
C. Perform miscellaneous duties.
• Responsible for balancing teller cash drawer.
• Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
• Follow all bank policies and procedures.
• Other duties as needed.
•Must possess a High School diploma or its equivalent.
•Ability to respond to customer requests with tact, diplomacy, and at times a sense of urgency.
•Skills in basic math.
•Ability to type with accuracy.
•Ability to use office equipment: calculator, photocopier, adding machine and personal computer.
•Must possess communication and interpersonal skills.
•Ability to read, speak and write the English language.
•Ability to be flexible, and able to travel to any of Pittsfield Cooperative Bank branch locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion. This position also requires bending, stooping, sitting or standing and walking as necessary.