Company Description: The Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an independent YMCA located on 1500 acres in the beautiful Berkshires of Western MA close to nationally renowned cultural and historic attractions such as Jacob’s Pillow and Tanglewood. Chimney Corners Camp, Camp Becket and the Travel and Service Program, Becket Day Camp and the Berkshire Outdoor Center are the five primary program focuses for the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA.
Camp Becket for boys and Chimney Corners Camp for girls are traditional resident camps with rich traditions and commitment to character development. Program offerings are in aquatics, athletics, theater, dance, creative arts, horseback riding, service learning, adventure trips, team building and high ropes. Our Travel & Service Programs offer a unique life experience to teens and our Berkshire Outdoor Center offers a wide-range of year-round programs for individuals, families and groups.
We are conveniently located off Route 8 past Jacobs Pillow; 15 minutes from center of Lee.
Additional Business Name: Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA
Seasonal Maintenance Assistant
12.75-14.00 Per Hour
High School or Equivalent
Up to One Year
Nice to have
The Maintenance assistant shall work with a team who has the ongoing responsibility for the cleanliness and maintenance of Camp.
Specific duties include:
• Daily cleaning of wash houses, guest lodges, community buildings, dining halls, offices and other common areas.
• Daily cleaning duties will include sweeping and mopping, emptying bins, and cleaning bathrooms and washhouses. Cleaning of furniture, windows and other areas as assigned.
• Housing changeover days include straightening of furniture, general cleaning of bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas both indoors and out.
• General lawn care, such as weed-whacking, mowing lawns, raking, trimming bushes and weeding gardens.
• General minor repair work, such as window screens, resetting circuit breakers, plunging toilets and replacing lightbulbs.
• Must be able to attend job-specific and general trainings.
We are looking for lively, pleasant individuals to be responsible for the general standard of cleanliness throughout our facilities. You should be amiable, flexible and a team player. You need to be able to work efficiently and effectively and must have a good eye for detail. Professional cleaning experience is useful. Experience with lawn and gardening tools helpful but not required.
A commitment to safety is mandatory.
1. Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week.
2. Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
3. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
4. Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 40 pounds (i.e. trash runs, compost or furniture).
5. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
6. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate in English.
7. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.