Job Goal: Provide supports to students with a variety of communication disorders (at all grade levels, preschool through Grade 12) under the direction of an ASHA Certified Speech/Language Pathologist.
The SLP-A conducts the following tasks under the supervision of an ASHA certified SLP:
1. Participate in Child Find screenings, child study team and special education team meetings.
2. Screen students at regular intervals
3. Implement documented treatment plans or protocols
4. Document student progress through progress reports
5. Assist during assessment
6. Assist with informal documentation, prepare materials, and other clerical duties
7. Schedule activities, prepare charts, records, graphs and otherwise display data
8. Devise and make materials for therapy and environment
9. Participate in in-service training to update knowledge.
10. Perform other related duties as directed.
Speech Assistant License through the Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Division of Professional Licensure, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Knowledge and experience with computers and augmentative communication technology.
It is the policy of the Adams-Cheshire Regional School District that all programs, activities, courses of study, and employment opportunities are offered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.