The Medical Receptionist welcomes patients to the Health Center and checks all pre-exam requirements including patient information. This person collects co-payment and notifies the clinic that patients have arrived for their appointments. The Receptionist is responsible for the provider’s schedules and ensures that patients and providers are notified accordingly. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures
Medical Receptionist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome patients to the Health Center; ensure that all pre-exam information is up to date and accurate before appointments; collect co-payments; make sure that referrals are received.
- Provide schedule support to providers.
- Perform clerical duties as requested.
- Provide information to patients/outside callers.
- Record and deliver messages.
- Answer, screen and route outside calls to the appropriate area or individual.
- Conduct scheduling/reminder/re-scheduling phone calls to patients.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School or Equivalent
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
- Function in a busy office setting.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Support organization’s goals and values.