Community Health Programs
PO Box 30
Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Additional Business Name: CHP Great Barrington Health Center
|$4,000 SIGN ON BONUS!! Certified Medical Assistant - FULL TIME - 40 HOURS - (CHC)|
|Salary Range:||Location:||$18-$22 Per Hour || Great Barrington
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||CNA/RN/Medical
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Massachusetts Certified Medical Assistant Certification - Preference: Required|
The Certified Medical Assistant collaborates with and assists patients, physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and licensed practical nurses in executing the CHP mission and vision. The desired candidate has a pleasant and welcoming personality and is willing to travel to CHP’s various practices in Berkshire County, if needed. This position may require some weekends. The Certified Medical Assistant contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Certified Medical Assistant Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and escort patients to exam room; prepare patient for visit; accurately obtain and record patient’s vital signs; perform patient intake to assist provider in directing patient care per written protocol; assist providers with exams, diagnostic or therapeutic procedures, as requested; direct patient following the visit.
- May perform EKG’s on selected patients; prepare laboratory requests and ensure accurate labels and records on all specimens; deliver specimens to designated area; retrieve lab results and x-ray reports; clean and restock exams rooms following a visit as needed.
- Vaccine administration (only if CMA) and Maintain Professional Certification/Registration.
- Change/update service profiles to accommodate providers scheduling needs; answer, screen, and route outside calls as necessary; supply information to callers and record messages; perform clerical duties as requested; communicate with outside agencies as directed by provider.
- Answer patient calls/messages to ensure timely response to their issues/inquiries; pre-register patient at time of appointment scheduling; accurately obtain information to ensure patient is appropriately triaged per protocol; ensure follow up booking required by patient care plan; cross train to provide backup patient services and reception duties.
- Have clinical protocols/competencies reviewed yearly by supervising RN or clinical trainer; maintain CPR certification.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in, when needed, and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance; confidence in leading and instructing others; ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school or equivalent – completion of accredited Certified Medical Assistant program.
- Medical office experience is a plus as well as electronic medical records experience.
- Massachusetts Certified Medical Assistant Certification is required.