The responsibility is career-defining. So is the opportunity. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we invent the technologies, products and services, that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, our teams regularly redefine innovation and excellence for the world. If you’re looking for a challenge, you’ve just found it.
This position is for the Nuclear Weapon Security (NWS) Program Manager of Operational Support. The Operational Support program includes design and test efforts based out of the Pittsfield, MA GDMS office as well as the on-site support efforts maintaining, upgrading, and daily support of the NWS mission at Naval bases in Silverdale, WA and Kingsland, GA. This program provides mission critical support direct to the warfighter. This position can be done remotely, however the candidate must be able to travel to the 3 locations in order to best support the mission.
As a seasoned team leader, you’ll use proposal plans and strategies to lead a team in developing, defining, and implementing cohesive, integrated program/product, subcontractor, and material plans, and business plans that achieve overall current and long-term objectives of the program/product, business unit, and division. The Program Manager will identify needed resources for projects, define and assign major program roles, lead the establishment of and sets integrated WBS-based budget and schedule baselines, and monitor work accomplished to baseline plans to ensure rate of work completion is sufficient to meet program/product schedules. We’ll rely on you to balance program risks and opportunities with executable strategies to meet technical requirements and budgets, as well as manage people who lead cross-functional program teams in matrix organization that are focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system from design to release for customers.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years relevant experience to meet managerial expectations
- Strong knowledge of products and technologies including current and potential applications
- Skilled in the development and implementation of product/program strategy and tactics
- Exceptional communication skills to relay issues, impacts, and corrective actions on programs to internal and external representatives
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success