Established in 1793 with funds bequeathed by Colonel Ephraim Williams, the college is private, residential, and liberal arts, with graduate programs in the history of art and in development economics. The undergraduate enrollment is approximately 2,000 students.
|Salary Range:||Location:|| $18 to $22 Per Hour || Williamstown
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Maintenance
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Williams College is excited to announce a newly created opening for a Maintenance Technician position. This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment reporting to the Electrical Trades Foreman. The schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change based on the needs of the department, which may include on-call assignments, emergencies, and overtime. Pay range is from $18 to $22 per hour, commensurate with experience, plus all the benefits of working at Williams, including full tuition reimbursement once you’ve been here six months.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will support the mission of the college to provide a nurturing educational environment. You will complete general maintenance work orders assigned to the Electrical and Mechanical Trades teams. You will perform a critical role in ensuring business continuity on campus. The decisions made by this role have the potential to prevent unplanned asset failures, which cause disruptions, unexpected costs, and performance issues.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse student population to apply.
You will be responsible for performing work orders related to the maintenance and operations work orders in a productive and efficient manner; making the best use of time and shop resources.
- Performing assigned work orders regarding the installation and maintenance of the College’s equipment.
- Monitoring field work for efficiency and best practices.
- Resolving Technical and Scheduling issues.
- Assisting the electrical trades with work orders.
- Assisting Preventive Maintenance Technicians with work orders.
- Assisting with Campus snow control.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic building maintenance knowledge and skills required. Mechanical, Electrical, Carpentry and Plumbing knowledge and work experience is helpful, but will train for any essential functions.
- Professional experience in light bulb replacement, smoke detector maintenance, and resetting circuit breakers preferred.
- Ability to work on a ladder.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage workload and schedule activities with assigned customers
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently without close supervision is essential.
Application review will begin on December 6, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. Job Band S05. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply - all applications will be reviewed by the search committee.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable. COVID-19 vaccination with booster or approved exemption and compliance with COVID-19 related policies are required as a condition of employment at Williams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Previous Page