Established in 1793 with funds bequeathed by Colonel Ephraim Williams, the college is private, residential, and liberal arts, with graduate programs in the history of art and in development economics. The undergraduate enrollment is approximately 2,000 students.
|Preventive Maintenance Analyst|
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year || Williamstown
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Maintenance
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
At least 4 years of relevant experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experie
Skill in examining and re-engineering processes and operations; measuring performance, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. - Preference: |
Williams College is excited to announce a newly created opening for a Preventive Maintenance Analyst. This is a full-time, year-round regular appointment reporting to the Assistant Director for Facilities Operations. As our new Preventive Maintenance (PM) Analyst, you will design, implement and oversee a best-practice preventive maintenance program, ensuring effective performance of PM activities.
You will perform a critical role in ensuring business continuity for the 100+ buildings on campus, ensuring systems for our 2.8+ million square feet of building space remain safe and functional. The decisions made by this role have the potential to avoid asset failures, which cause disruptions, unplanned costs, and inefficient system performance. A best-practice PM program will grow from preventive to predictive activities, allowing us to better plan our capital renewals.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse student population to apply.
- Design, implement and oversee a best-practice preventive maintenance program, including optimizing use of scheduling software, building operational documentation, and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, policies and regulations.
- Manage operations of preventative maintenance program by creating work orders; tracking and ordering parts, materials and equipment; triaging and scheduling maintenance as needed
- Troubleshoot and repair complex defective mechanical systems when necessary
- Take a continuous improvement approach to ensure preventive maintenance activities are effective, performed well and using best available technology
- Identify and engage external vendors, negotiating contracts and monitoring work quality
- Develop and maintain accuracy of equipment metadata by regularly collecting and inputting information, such as; manufacturer, model, serial number, and system structure information
- Produce reports on preventative maintenance program efficiency, timeliness, and problem resolution
- Some nights, weekends, and on-call work may be required especially for emergency response
- At least 4 years of relevant experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of HVAC system installation and maintenance
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in office productivity and scheduling software applications and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering processes and operations; measuring performance, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation. Ability to develop, evaluate, and edit the content, structure, and format of a range of written materials.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management principles.
- Project management and leadership skills.
Application review will begin on December 6, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. Pay range is from $67,000 to $77,000, commensurate with experience. Job band 3-A. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply - all applications will be reviewed by the search committee.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable. COVID-19 vaccination with booster or approved exemption and compliance with COVID-19 related policies are required as a condition of employment at Williams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.