Established in 1793 with funds bequeathed by Colonel Ephraim Williams, the college is private, residential, and liberal arts, with graduate programs in the history of art and in development economics. The undergraduate enrollment is approximately 2,000 students.
|Director of Health Professions Advising|
|Salary Range:||Location:|| $75,000 to $85,000 Per Year || Williamstown
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare/Healthcare Professional
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Advanced degree preferred, plus at least 5+ years relevant experience
Williams College seeks an enthusiastic professional to join our dynamic team and fulfill an important role as Associate Director of the Career Center / Director of Health Professions Advising, reporting to the Director of Career Education. This position advises students and alumni who wish to pursue careers in the health professions. The role supports students in creating and evaluating their four year academic plans, exploring health careers, and applying to medical and other health professional schools.
The growing Science and Health Professions Program at Williams is situated within the highly dynamic ‘68 Center for Career Exploration. Our mission is that of life long impact and meaning: Prepare Williams students to explore and pursue their goals through comprehensive, individualized career education. We encourage all students to discover their interests, skills, and values so they can lead fulfilling and impactful lives.
At the ‘68 Center, we are committed to the principles of inclusiveness and will work to ensure that every student has access to the pre-professional path of their choosing to reap the full benefits of their degree. We work to ensure those traditionally marginalized, those systematically excluded, and those lacking family connections or financial means are empowered to engage in meaningful career exploration and develop the skills necessary to navigate professional growth post-graduation.
- Advises students about curricular and extracurricular requirements for entry to health profession graduate schools through individual and group sessions
- Supports the applications of all Williams students and alumni to graduate schools of the health professions via composition of a "committee letters"
- Represents Williams College at regional and national meetings
- Disseminates graduate and career information in timely fashion to all Williams students interested in health professions
- Provides information and/or statistics re: medical school admission
- Supervises part time Health Professions Coordinator who will provide logistical assistance with programs and communications, correspondence with medical schools, and management of medical school applicants
- Co-facilitates Winter Study Health Profession courses
- Collaborate with career center colleagues on programming, messaging, and individual student cases
The Director of Health Professions Advising will have an oversized opportunity to positively impact the lives of Williams students and alumni. They will have the benefit of both administrative and team support and play an important role at the ‘68 Center (department) and the Office of College Relations (division).
- Advanced degree preferred, plus at least 5+ years relevant experience required
- Working knowledge of the health professions field (essential) and graduate school application process, programs, selection criteria, and different applications systems (important)
- Ability to retrieve, absorb, and disseminate facts about the medical school preparation and application processes to students and alumni who vary widely in their motivation, preparation, confidence, experience; constantly adapting the message to each individual
- Ability to work effectively with students, alumni, staff, and faculty and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population
- Proficiency in office computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional, multifaceted advising and communication skills
- High-level attention to details and deadlines skills are essential
- Supervisory experience helpful
Pay range is from $75,000 to $85,000, commensurate with experience. Remote work arrangements may be available up to 2 days per week with approval for employees based in NY, MA, CT, or VT; subject to review and revision as policy evolves.
Review of resume and cover letter submissions will begin on January 4, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable. COVID-19 vaccination with booster or approved exemption and compliance with COVID-19 related policies are required as a condition of employment at Williams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.