Come join the team at the Berkshires' newest hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield. The hotel is situated conveniently between Lenox and Pittsfield, offering guests easy access to outdoor activities and recreation in the Berkshires Region.
Our company offers amazing opportunities for team members of all levels through hands on training and mentoring, ensuring high team member engagement which translates into 100% guest satisfaction.
Job Title :
Guest Service Representative
Job Category list :
Full Time/Part Time
To Commensurate With Experience
City / Town :
North Berkshire County, Central Berkshire County, South Berkshire County
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
Summary: Responsible for providing the highest level of guest service to all guests in the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Greets and assists all guests during arrival and departure.*
2. Provides courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests and complaints.*
3. Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other hotel departments and outside vendors.*
4. Processes all reservations and cancellation requests in a timely manner by mail, telephone, fax or in person.*
5. Maximizes room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling techniques.*
6. Handles the departments accounting system of money, receipts, guest accounts, and other forms of credit. Balances shift cash and accounts.*
7. Operates the departmentís cash register.*
8. Maintains order and cleanliness of front desk and back office to present a pleasant and professional image to guests.*
9. Perform clerical duties to include handling incoming and outgoing mail, faxing, photocopying, and bookkeeping as needed.*
10. Acts as manager on duty when manager is not available.
11. Maintains information and communication sources such as room inventory, lost and found log, telephone information, log book, and hotel directories; operates switchboard to handle customer inquiries, wakeup calls and the paging of guests.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of organization as well as guests one on one to resolve problems.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to perform cash handling skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to multitask and change priorities as situations occur. Ability to adapt to unforeseen situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of computer software and hardware.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; blood borne pathogens; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.