Hancock Elementary School
The Hancock School District seeks a classroom teacher to work in our mult-grade Kindergarten/1st grade classroom.
Job summary: To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instruncitoanl program in an elemenatary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
1. Plan and conduct activites for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, investigate, and engage in active learning.
2. Establish and foster a positive classroom culture that supports students in their academic, social, and emotional growth.
3. Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
4. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
5. Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods sucah as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
6. Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and adminstrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic challenges.
7. Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
8. Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states.
9. Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
10. Meet with other professionals to discuss individual student's needs and progress.
11. Use computers, audiovisual aids, technology, and other equipment and materials to supplement instruction.
12. Supervise and plan assignments for paraprofessionals.
Requirements: Strong oral and written communication skills. Computer proficiency. Demonstrated ability to work well with others. Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Perform all othe related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
Terms of employment: 185 school days
Salary: Per Teacher Contract
Interested candidates should submit a Resume and Cover Letter to Jay Merselis, Principal at email@example.com.