Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or email@example.com.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Business Name: Big Y Foods
Service Clerk - GB
To Commensurate With Experience
Some High School Coursework
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS SERVICE CLERK
• Bag groceries, retrieve carriages, return back-shop, and other tasks as needed.
• Perform maintenance and janitorial duties throughout the store to present a safe, clean, attractive environment.
• Maintain proper department conditions and supplies (e.g., racks, sales floor, bottle redemption area, closets, workstations, etc.).
• Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
• Operate equipment/machinery where applicable.
• Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
• Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
• Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence? through Big Y’s Firm Foundations? (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
• Must project a clean and professional appearance.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
• Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
• Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
• Must be at least 16 (15 in MA) years of age or be at least 18 years of age to operate machinery.
• Must consent to and pass a drug screen and background investigation at time of hire.
• Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Continuously standing, walking, fingering, and handling.
• Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.
• Frequently squatting, climbing, kneeling, or crouching.
• Occasionally working in cold and/or heat.