Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel on Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
People (Human Resources) Coordinator
High School or Equivalent
This role is brand new to the Main Street Team. We are growing and creating career pathways in hospitality and are adding a team member to assist in providing the resources needed to be successful in building hospitality professionals. The Main Street People Team is charged with caring for all 300+ employees and supporting their well-being during their time with our properties. We promote a work/life balance approach in our recruitment strategies and can provide a variety of experiences within our 4 (soon to be 5) properties and at the Main Street Headquarters. As part of the Main Street People Team, the People Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing key administrative support for the VP of People and Director of People. Being a part of Main Street Hospitality means you complement our team of extraordinary individuals. We work hard and have fun.
Some of the resposibilites are;
RECRUITMENT, ORIENTATION, EXIT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain the web-based applicant tracking system (ATS) for all MSH properties. Ensure up-to-date job postings and applicant pool as directed. Provide support to hiring managers with access to applicants, telephone screening, and scheduling interviews.
2. Maintain external job postings as directed and coordinate applicants
3. Conduct weekly (or as needed based upon hiring rhythm) new employee property tours at The Red Lion Inn to welcome new hires and provide employee related property information (parking, meals, time clock, exit/entrances, employee areas, guest areas, etc.) Update program as needed.
4. Assist in correspondence with candidates for hire, support onboarding process through the ATS
5. Coordinate employee housing and all related needs for interns, H2B and J1 employees as directed
6. Build and maintain employee files
7. Assist with EXIT procedures and required paperwork
1. Coordinate benefits administration notification, enrollment, termination, and audit of;
? Health insurance
? Life Insurance\Supplemental insurances
? Short Term & Long-Term Disability
? Other benefits programs
? Keep records of benefits plans participation such as listed above.
? Receive inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
? Assist with communication to all staff any benefits changes
1. Facilitate recognition and reward programs i.e. Employee of the month/year, new hire electronic board and bulletin board, birthdays/anniversaries, legal postings, other postings
2. Support the performance management process
3. Support planning of Employee events
4. Coordinate and schedule CPR class, Blood Drives, Flu Shot clinic, blood borne pathogens training, OSHA training as needed by property.
5. Support other functions as assigned
MSH Community Representative:
1. Community representative for MSH
2. Attend regional events, job fairs and engage on behalf of MSH as needed
• Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position helpful, or hospitality/customer service experience
• Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle data with confidentiality
• Amazing organizational and time management skills
• Effective analytic skills; must be able to report clearly and quickly
• Solid proofreading skills
• Think and act innovatively
• Comfort with deadline driven environment
• Great ability to manage change and be flexible