Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel in Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn - Housekeeping Supervisor
To Commensurate With Experience
Stockbridge, South Berkshire, Berkshire County
Hotel & Restaurant
Some High School Coursework
Minimum 1 year of experience in a hotel or Supervisory role
Assist and monitor housekeeping and laundry employees in their daily tasks. Makes sure all the guest rooms and common areas are cleaned according to the company standards. The Housekeeping supervisor is also responsible to assist all the housekeeping employees with the lost and found procedures, answer the phone and assist any guest with any requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, maintains and trains standards and procedures for cleaning and safe working conditions in the housekeeping department.
- Inspect all vacant rooms daily in the main in and outside houses.
- Monitor all housekeeping employees and their daily activities while on the floor. Report any issues to the Housekeeping Manager immediately.
- Assign the rooms that need to be cleaned as stayovers and check outs.
- Assign daily duties for the house person.
- Check guest rooms after they have been cleaned.
- Develops and inspection program for all public-areas and guestrooms to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Works to ensure high scores for cleanliness and other housekeeping related items.
- Reviews guest comments and complaint letters and takes action.
- Train all new room attendants.
- Assist in cleaning rooms or laundry if the need occurs.
- Remain positive and helpful when supervising housekeeping employees, always being polite and gracious with requests and/or suggestions for improvement of cleanliness issues.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude towards guests at all times.
- Help Executive Housekeeper conduct regular housekeeping department meetings.
- Knowledge of the Inn’s property (Lobby, lion’s den, dining room, offices).
- Do inventory of chocolates for turndown, linen, stationary, amenities, cleaning supplies, laundry and snacks for the honor bar.
- Assist in special projects as putting in paperwork, making list or any other task assigned by management.
- Call guest for Lost and found items left in the room.
- Help other department managers in the solution of guest related improvements as they pertain to the housekeeping department.
- Answer radio.
- Keep communication with Front Desk and Maintenance.
- Wash and iron guest laundry.
Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in a hotel or Supervisory role
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Some college a plus
Specialized Knowledge: knowledge of windows, internet, word processing.
Skills: Proven supervisory skills. Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
Character: Personable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work independently. Positive attitude and outgoing personality is essential.
Physical: Exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object