Licensed Practical Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Triage patients both by telephone or walk-in; approve same day visits when appropriate; assist with referrals to area specialists; PT-1 forms; patient education; supervising medical assistants as needed.
- Assist physicians in all procedures requiring nursing level support; administers immunizations as well as allergy shots; manage requests for prescription medication; process laboratory results, pull charts, review and hold partials- flagging abnormal for provider review and filing normal; contacting patients with results as directed; chart all procedures performed.
- Assist with running daily controls on equipment; assist in charting for quality assurance (HCG, strep, sickle cell, urinalysis dipstick, etc.); ensures that billing codes are correct; other routine office duties as requested.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance; confidence in leading and instructing others; ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires graduation of an accredited school of practical nursing.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an ambulatory setting is preferred. Electronic medical records experience is required. CPR certification is a plus.
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- Must be licensed as a practical nurse by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.