Medical Receptionist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome patients to the Health Center; ensure that all pre-exam information is up to date and accurate before appointments; collect co-payments; make sure that referrals are received.
- Provide schedule support to providers.
- Perform clerical duties as requested.
- Provide information to patients/outside callers.
- Record and deliver messages.
- Answer, screen and route outside calls to the appropriate area or individual.
- Conduct scheduling/reminder/re-scheduling phone calls to patients.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School or Equivalent
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
- Function in a busy office setting.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Support organization’s goals and values.