Company Description: MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, MA. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown), Boston South (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate), and Boston North (Danvers). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
Founded in 1848, MountainOne Bank provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services and group benefits solutions.
MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor).
Professional Development is one of MountainOne’s core commitments. We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for career growth, and access to meaningful benefits. If you’d like to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, we encourage you to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. (Compliant with VEVRAA and section 503 rules).
Community Banking Officer
As the manager of our main branch in North Adams, the Community Banking Officer oversees the operation of a full-service Community Banking Office. The CBO is responsible for directing and motivating staff to achieve high levels of individual and team performance that results in superior customer service in accordance with our Community Banking Service Standards; to conduct themselves in ways that reflect the company’s core commitments and mission statement. In conjunction with the Senior Community Banking Officer, the CBO is responsible for maintaining and expanding personal and business account relationships to achieve revenue growth. As a brand steward for the company, the CBO projects and ensures a positive branch image.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The job performance of the Community Banking Officer includes the following, and other/related duties as assigned.
1. Management and Strategic Leadership
• Manage the daily operation of the branch following established security guidelines. Accountable for all branch staff; lead by example. Perform all Personal Banker and Assistant CBO duties as necessary. In addition, exercise authority to terminate customer relationships/accounts, handle complex/special account service actions.
• Responsible for all branch staffing and scheduling; provide flexibility to service all hours of operation.
• Exercise the usual authority of a manager concerning performance goals, feedback and reviews. Responsible for hiring, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
• Implement continuous improvement plans surrounding operational excellence.
• Facilitate individual and staff/team professional development; coach staff to maximize their potential. With the VP/Sr. CBO, create and manage staffing plans and resource allocation.
• Support training initiatives for regulatory compliance and product knowledge for staff.
• Provide MountainOne with a professional, strong and consistent presence in the community as a volunteer for local chamber groups, municipal boards; community functions such as fundraisers and parades; participate in local, non-profit functions and business development groups.
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to MountainOne’s core commitments and established service standards.
• Foster culture of accountability for zero tolerance of critical operational errors.
2. Business Development
• Reinforce the company’s sales and service culture to increase internal referrals and referrals to our internal business lines and divisions and centers of influence.
• Demonstrate understanding of branch customer base; by relationship building with top consumer and commercial households.
• Build upon existing and new relationships and business opportunities for the branch, within and beyond MountainOne’s account base. Leverage new relationships into opportunities for growth. To include, new business to the bank through outside centers of influence and expansion of single service households.
• Investigate and utilize market data to advance business development.
3. Customer Care
• Direct and maintain Customer Service Standards, leading by example. Utilize relationships with branch administration and across all internal departments for resolution of customer issues.
• Manage all owned and escalated customer issues and complaints.
• Ensure notification to Compliance Officer for 100% of customer complaints.
• Ensure 100% follow through of customer issues to resolution.
4. Operations and Compliance
• Deliver branch specific weekly updates to Regional Managers
• Responsible for the office building, grounds, equipment and fixtures; respond to alarm and ATM calls after hours in accordance with security policy and procedures.
• Comply, keep updated with policies, procedures, compliance training; comply with Bank Secrecy Act AML/OFAC regulations and guidelines. Manage audits. Comply with the company’s Code of Ethics.
• Maintain intimate knowledge of core operating system and other related programs required to perform daily operational tasks to include consumer loan origination.
• Verify and report to Branch Administration any know or discovered issues of upgrades to core operating system.
• Maintain full knowledge and understanding of all bank/branch policies and procedures, both administrative and regulatory.
• Maintain the highest levels of knowledge and understanding of all electronic banking channels.
5. Business Strategy
• Embrace and utilize technology of the core operating system and Electronic Banking channels to create efficiencies in work flow. Grow and maintain customer loyalty by providing outstanding customer service.
• In collaboration with the VP/Sr. CBO, set business growth goals based on a solid understanding of MountainOne’s business strategy. Develop and execute strong business development plans to increase deposit growth, loan sales, and banking services. Implement Community Banking programs.
• Manage the effective and cost efficient operation of your branch.
Limits of Authority
Limits of authority will be established by the Vice President, Senior Community Banking Officer.
Items Requiring Approval:
• All wire transfers over $100,000.00.
• Signing Treasurer’s Checks over $250,000.00.
• Reversing/refunding customer fees over $40.00.
• Hiring, evaluation and termination of staff.
• Understanding of business strategy.
• Ability to read and understand internally published financial reports; advanced math and expert level of financial literacy.
• Understanding of all aspects of electronic banking.
• Systems knowledge (teller and customer management); DecisionPro and DepositPro system knowledge.
• Branch procedures; understand branch procedures, cash handling; ATM/TCR processes and settlement procedures.
• Expert product knowledge of deposit accounts, loan products and features/benefits of all.
• Business development; ability to work with the VP, Senior Community Banking Officer and VP, Local Business and Customer Relations Officer to identify and target opportunities for growth; with partners to grow and manage customer relationships.
• Sales process; as relates to selling through, PODS, cross-selling and making sales referrals.
• Critical thinking, including data analysis and problem-solving.
• Personal accountability, holding others accountable to same standards, working under and meeting deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening.
• Empathy, ability to relate to and care for others.
• Management and leadership; planning and organizational skills; ability to adapt situationally.
• Conflict management; ability to identify, address and resolve issues or concerns with diplomacy.
• Ability to coach, develop, motivate staff to maximize potential. Foster teamwork, build productive teams.
• Self-management, time-management, ability to multi-task.
• Customer service and relationship-management; strive to anticipate, meet, exceed customer expectations.
• Goal-orientation, with ability to focus on mission, goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum three year of experience in lending or banking.
• Business development, experience working with partners and teams.
• Community engagement, e.g. brand promotion, networking.
• Flexibility and availability to service all banking hours, as needed.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time outside a 25-mile radius.
• Ability to sit, drive, bend, make/answer telephone calls.