Company Description: Child Care of the Berkshires is a large not-for profit, early care and family support agency, operating a variety of programs throughout Berkshire County, including child care centers, a network of family child care homes, home visiting programs, parent child playgroups, parent education and skill building programs.
Its mission is to promote and strengthen families through the provision of high quality child care services to families whose parents are working or in training or, for any number of reasons, cannot adequately care for the children as well as other types of social and educational services which directly affect families and their well being.
Child Care of the Berkshires employs approximately 75 staff persons and its operating budget is approximately $5 million dollars. Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.
Associate Toddler Teacher
$13 - $15 Per Hour
Up to One Year
EEC Toddler Certification - Preference: Preferred
The associate toddler teacher will work with the preschool teaching team 40 hours per week to plan and implement an exciting and nurturing developmentally appropriate curriculum for a group of preschoolers. S/he will be responsible for planning enriching activities and opportunities as part of a literacy-based curriculum, writing progress reports, overseeing positive parent involvement, and supervising support staff and volunteers.
• B.A. in Early Childhood Education or related field, preferred.
• EEC Teacher Certified for Infant/Toddler.
• Up to one year of experience with preschool-aged children preferred.
• Must demonstrate dependability, maturity and flexibility.
• Must demonstrate nurturing skills with children, cooperativeness with adults and commitment to professional development.
• Understands and implements developmentally appropriate practices for preschool-aged children.
• Must be in good health, free of contagious disease, and have up-to-date immunizations.
• The Program is open from 7:15am - 5:15pm Monday through Friday and afternoon availability is a must.
Send resume and letter of interest that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to:
Child Care of the Berkshires, Inc., P.O. Box 172, North Adams, MA 01247
or email email@example.com