Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Secretary for the Superintendent
High School or Equivalent
This critical administrative support position reports directly to the superintendent and requires the application of modern office techniques and computer software knowledge and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of the administrative support team. The ability to interact with adults and adolescents, exhibit sound interpersonal traits and possess good communication skills are essential. Professional demeanor, attire and presentation are critical for success. This position requires self-motivation, the ability to multi-task, to seek self-improvement and be flexible. The secretary provides recommendations, develops courses of action and ensures that required tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The description of primary duties and responsibilities also requires a working knowledge of other responsibilities within the administrative support team to provide a continuity of effort.
• High school graduate supplemented by recent work experience or postsecondary education.
• Knowledge of computer software and applications.
• Ability to manage statistical data across numerous databases and platforms.
• Ability to be tactful, courteous, and flexible.
• Ability to be creative, innovative and display initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Serves as secretary for the superintendent and performs required clerical duties.
• Answer incoming phone calls and direct to departments.
• Sort and distribute mail.
• Perform operator maintenance on school equipment including printers and copiers.
• Prepare school committee correspondence for meetings and maintain school committee records.
• Prepare faculty and staff phone rosters.
• Maintain personnel files.
• Perform all required CORI reviews.
• Monitor teacher licensure, course reimbursement, lateral moves.
• Maintain staff attendance records.
• Prepare all correspondence for new hires.
• Complete annual district reports for accreditation and governmental agencies.
• Monitor E-Rate program.
• Assist with grant writing and preparation.
• Assist with updating our postsecondary and high school catalogues and website.
• Assist with clerical duties and special projects in other offices as needed.
• Performs other relevant duties and special projects as assigned by the superintendent.
In accordance with the School District Policy.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247