Company Description: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the wisdom and practice of yoga. The most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America, we have been teaching skills for optimal living for more than 40 years. You don't need to be a yogi to work at Kripalu-we want everyone who is looking for challenging and inspiring work!
Our competitive benefits for full-time employees include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, and retirement and flexible spending accounts. All of our staff enjoy the use of our facilities, program benefits, Healing Arts and Kripalu Shop discounts, discounts to eat meals in our Dining Hall, and an extraordinary Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: Our positions do not include housing, housing benefits, or housing allowances.
Find out more: kripalu.org
Hotel & Restaurant
Some High School Coursework
Up to One Year
Learn and engage in the preparation of high quality and high quantity, predominantly organic sourdough, gluten-free, Paleo and vegan bakery goods for buffet service and shop sales. Follow safety and safe food handling standards and regulations. Perform work efficiently and in a manner that enhances the guest experience at Kripalu.
• Follow daily procedures and protocols for production of bakery items and general bakery maintenance.
• Maintain appearance standards.
• Follow proper safety and sanitation practices.
• Maintain organization of food usage and storage with strict attention to vegetarian, vegan and allergen guidelines.
• Work collaboratively and professionally with all team members.
• Assist with work as needed in other areas of the kitchen per request of the Bakery Manger or Supervisor.
• Possesses strong core ethics, integrity, and values consistent with Kripalu’s organizational principles.
• Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical, mutually beneficial recommendations, solutions, and ideas.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards.
• Learns and adapts quickly in new situations resulting in successful performance.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions both orally and written in English.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Knowledge or interest in whole food ingredients.
• Awareness of and willingness to follow safety and safe food handling regulations and processes.
• Previous professional cooking or baking experience, including experience with large quantities, advantageous but not required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.