Company Description: HospiceCare in The Berkshires, Inc. has offered high quality, compassionate care for those with life-limiting or terminal illness for over 35 years. The key to HospiceCare’s high quality of care is our team of professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Hospice Aides, Emotional and Spiritual Support Counselors, Bereavement Coordinators and Volunteers – we work with each patient and their family to make sure that their needs are met.
Registered Nurse, Weekends / Nights
To Commensurate With Experience
The registered nurse helps coordinate and administer hospice care for patients, families and caregivers through the utilization of hospice resources. The registered nurse is experienced in nursing with an emphasis on community health education and experience. The registered nurse utilizes hospice and community resources to help coordinate and drive services through a plan of care to meet the needs of patients and families.
• An Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
• Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
• Current Massachusetts licensure: Registered Nurse
• Valid driver’s license
• Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Certification preferred
• Minimum of one (1) to two (2) year's experience in health care.
• Experience in a hospice care preferred.
• Experience with acute care in an institutional setting preferred.
• Experience in homecare preferred.
• Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.