Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
MCLA Pittsfield Desk Attendant
High School or Equivalent
The DGCE MCLA Pittsfield Desk Attendant will greet and assist students and visitors at our MCLA-Pittsfield campus at 66 Allen Street, ensure the building is secure at the end of the evening, maintain the cleanliness of the facility, and complete general office duties as assigned.
* Greet and assist students, staff, and visitors at our MCLA - Pittsfield campus at 66 Allen Street.
* Maintain awareness of surroundings, and address and report any areas of concern in a timely and efficient manner; provide front-line security to ensure the safety and security of the building.
* Ensure building is open for students, faculty, and staff by 4:00 pm on assigned days of operation.
* Monitor entrances to ensure secure environment for authorized individuals, including student, faculty, administrators, guests, and others during hours of operation.
* Ensure main floor of building is clear, lights off, and building properly secured at end of evening.
* Provide administrative assistance, support, and project work for the program director, associate director, and associate dean as assigned.
Shifts are Monday and Wednesday, 4:00pm-9:15 pm.
* Must have access to transportation
* Ability to function independently without supervision
* Previous experience providing building security and implementing security procedures preferred
This is a part-time position (typically 10.5 hours/week).
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.