We are seeking applicants for a full-time Teller for our Great Barrington office. The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with the public, is comfortable handling large cash transactions, and selling bank products/services. Transactions must be processed accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be the “frontline” of our bank and will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives.
A. Conduct customer transactions.
• Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
• Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete holds as necessary.
• Process savings withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
• Identify counterfeit currency.
• Process Consumer and Mortgage loan transactions.
• Sell money orders, bank checks, and certified checks.
• Cross-sell bank products and services to maintain and build customer relations.
B. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries regarding deposit accounts to maintain a high level of customer service.
• Answer inquiries and/or directs questions to the appropriate department.
C. Perform miscellaneous duties.
• Responsible for balancing teller cash drawer.
• Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
• Follow all bank policies and procedures.
• Other duties as needed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Must possess a High School diploma or its equivalent.
• Ability to respond to customer requests with tact, diplomacy, and at times a sense of urgency.
• Skills in basic math. • Strong attention to detail and ability to type with accuracy.
• Ability to use office equipment: calculator, photocopier, adding machine and personal computer.
• Must possess communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read, speak and write the English language.
• Ability to be flexible, and able to travel to any of Pittsfield Cooperative Bank branch locations.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds on occasion. This position also requires standing, bending or stooping as necessary.
~Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered.
**PLEASE APPLY ONLINE (if needed applications can be completed at any of our branch locations)
The Pittsfield Cooperative Bank is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.