Boyd Technologies is an ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified advanced flexible materials company providing material sourcing, technology development and precision converting services for global OEM partners.
Job Title :
Job Category list :
City / Town :
Lee, Lenox, Pittsfield
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
The Process Engineer is responsible for the completion of process estimate worksheets, trials, process qualification worksheets, parts set up, and IDFs. They work closely with operations, quality, and business development, to develop parts, tooling, and equipment drawings for production. The Process Engineer leads continual improvement efforts by analyzing workflow, space requirements, equipment layouts, processes, and tooling that will reduce cost, improve efficiency, reduce waste, improve product quality, improve output, and maintain safety. They assist in resolving manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure safe operations and prevent operational delays and downtime.
-Lead continual improvement efforts by analyzing workflow, space requirements, equipment layouts, processes, and tooling that will reduce cost, improve efficiency, reduce waste, improve product quality, improve output, and maintain safety.
-Manage the completion of process estimate worksheets, trials, process qualification worksheets, parts set up, job check out and IDFs.
-Work closely with operations, quality, and business development, to develop parts, tooling, and equipment engineering drawings for production.
-Lead and manage trials and prototyping efforts internally.
• One or more year’s technical or operational experience in a manufacturing environment
• Hands on experience with in a manufacturing environment with machine set up, production, troubleshooting, and process improvement tasks
• Experience in a medical device environment, and/or material science environment highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to conceptualize mechanical equipment; new products and associated specifications, and support the commercialization process through related engineering tasks including – part specification, web path set up, tooling, machine set up, IQ/OQ/PQ.
• Understanding of lean and six sigma principles
• Excellent documentation, analytical, organizational, project management and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and remain self-motivated with minimal direct supervision.
• Flexibility, with the ability to handle and prioritize many projects at a time.
• Ability to follow established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy and completeness.
• Exceptional communication and highly developed interpersonal skills with internal personnel, vendors, prospects and customers.
• Proficiency in MS Office software, CAD, Solidworks, PLC Logic, and other Company software and technology solutions
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must be able to complete a post-offer, pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
Certification/License: Driver’s license preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field