Serving children and adults with developmental disabilities, brain injuries and autism, as well as individuals with other disabilities ages 16 and above through the Adult Family Care Program
Who We Are
Berkshire County Arc is a non-profit, tax exempt, human services organization which offers a broad range of community-based services to individuals with developmental disabilities, brain injuries and autism. Berkshire County Arcís programs are located throughout Berkshire and Hampden Counties in Massachusetts.
Berkshire County Arc, Inc. is committed to assisting and supporting individuals in their quest to identify and realize their chosen lifestyles.
Job Title :
Site Manager-Starts at $18.22/hr
Job Category list :
City / Town :
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
Site Manager position available in Pittsfield, MA for our Residential programs. We are looking for the right candidate to oversee a Residential program; you will need to be a team player and posses the ability to lead as well as encourage staff development. Responsibilities include: medical, financial, educational, recreational, and social development for individuals with developmental disabilities.
All positions require a valid US Driverís license, CORI and National Fingerprint Background Check. We offer an excellent benefit package.
Visit our website at https://bcarcjobs.org/jobapp/ to apply online or stop in Monday-Friday between 9:00am Ė 4:00pm to complete an application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualifications (Job Essentials)
1. Bachelors Degree in a pertinent field.
a. Experience in program management
b. Professional experience in mental retardation or rehabilitation
c. Counseling or social service experience
* Three years of experience in a related field may be substituted for a Bachelors Degree.
2. Patience and understanding in dealing with people with developmental disabilities.
3. Must be able to work in a fast paced, hectic, noisy environment and to prioritize tasks.
4. Must effectively communicate with other staff, family members, and individuals.
5. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team.
6. Ability to read and understand complex documents, including but not limited to behavior plans, medical tracking forms, etc.
7. Valid drivers license.
8. Ability to act appropriately under stress and exercise common sense and good judgment.
9. Ability to do repeated bending, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, and stair climbing.
10. Must be able to intermittently lift not more than 100 lbs. Must be able to lift more than 100 lbs. with assistance.
11. Must be able to transfer a person without assistance up to 150 lbs. Must obtain assistance or be able to give assistance to transfer a resident greater than 150 lbs.
12. Must be able to push or pull 100 lbs. without assistance.
13. First Aid/CPR certification and DMR medication certification.