Carr Hardware is the largest and most complete industrial supply, hardware and rental house in the Berkshires. Founded in 1928, Carr currently has six locations: four in throughout Berkshire County and two in CT. We are growing and looking for some technical rockstars to join our team.
Carr employs over 90 career professionals offering competitive wages and industry leading benefits. Voted “Best in the Berkshires” for 21 years running, we offer our customers an unmatched shopping experience and our employees job stability and satisfaction. Carr Hardware continues to grow, and outstanding customer service oriented technical individuals are the key to our success!
Job Title :
Manager & Associate - Electrical Dept.
Job Category list :
Full Time/Part Time
City / Town :
Great Barrington, Lee, North Adams
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
Come join the Carr Hardware Family! The ideal candidates must be knowledgeable in some aspects of hardware, plumbing & electrical functions.
Provides expert advice to customers by demonstrating insight towards products and devices. Must have a competitive edge with add-on sales and/or discounted items. Excellent communication and customer service skills that will connect with the customer on both friendly and professional manner. This builds a healthy long-term relationships with Carr Hardware customers.
• Welcome customers as they arrive and inquire into their choice on plumbing & electrical goods
• Provide assistance to both professional contractors and homeowners with specific needs
• Demonstrate features by employing knowledge of gadgets and technology
• Respond to customers’ questions and concerns and provide them with proof to back up your claims
• Ascertain that products are neatly displayed in display units and have all corresponding information attached to them
• Maintain knowledge of what the competition is selling and provide comparative information and sales
• Establish that pricing information is kept current and that customers are made aware of discounts and promotions
• Input sale orders in company database and track them through delivery or pick-up processes
• Retired licensed electrician & experienced plumber is a plus!
• Prior retail experience, technical knowledge & a great attitude
• Good math and computer skills
• Able to work some weekend hours (Sat. & Sun.)
• Understanding of Point of Sales application (POS)