Carr Hardware is the largest and most complete industrial supply, hardware and rental house in the Berkshires. Founded in 1928, Carr currently has four locations throughout Berkshire County.
Carr employs over 90 career professionals offering competitive wages and industry leading benefits. Voted “Best in the Berkshires” for 19 years running, we offer our customers an unmatched shopping experience and our employees job stability and satisfaction. Carr Hardware continues to grow, and outstanding customer service oriented individuals are the key to our success.
Job Title :
Electrical Sales Associates
Job Category list :
City / Town :
Great Barrington, Pittsfield
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable in electrical functions. Provides expert advice to customers by demonstrating insight towards products and devices. Must have a competitive edge with add-on sales and/or discounted items. Excellent communication and customer service skills that will connect with the customer on both friendly and professional manner. Therefore, building a healthy long-term relationships with Carr Hardware customers.
• Welcome customers as they arrive and inquire into their choice on electrical goods
• Provide assistance to both professional contractors and homeowners with specific needs
• Demonstrate features by employing knowledge of gadgets and technology
• Respond to customers’ questions and concerns and provide them with proof to back up your claims
• Ascertain that products are neatly displayed in display units and have all corresponding information attached to them
• Maintain knowledge of what the competition is selling and provide comparative information and sales
• Establish that pricing information is kept current and that customers are made aware of discounts and promotions
• Input sale orders in company database and track them through delivery or pick-up processes
• Licensed electrician is a plus
• Good math and computer skills
• Able to work weekend hours (Sat. & Sun.)
• Prior retail experience
• Understanding of Point of Sales application (POS)